Hello folks, I just joined the club and I'm excited to meet some like-minded people. I grew up in Miami and have been diving and spearfishing since I was 8yrs old. My first experience was picking up conch in 2ft of water off of Boca Chita Key. That was 1971, on the way back to West Miami from Black Point, we would go swimming in a new development called Saga Bay. I bought my first spear gun for $12.00 at the BX in Homestead Airforce Base. My Father was a veteran of WWII. As a teenager, I learned how to dive with neighbors who had boats. Diving in the seventies was special and sometimes Manny Puig would join us. He was fearless and back then you had a sounder with no digital readout of how deep it was, and Manny had no problem going down to what we imagined was at least 90ft. Manny was a beast, and I was fortunate to witness many incredible encounters with him and everyone else. Deep freediving was not common, but I witnessed Manny wrestle many Blacks out of holes in 50ft of water off of Islamorada. I've had the same boat for 27yrs and I'm on my second motor and trailer. I've shot countless fish over the years and love being wet. I have a wife of 37yrs and two grown sons. I'm a Professor at Florida Technical College and have been an Electrician for over 35yrs. I live in Cutler Bay and I'm minutes from Black Point. My boat is permanently hooked up to my truck to be able to leave quickly. I look forward to meeting all of you. Scott Ray (South Miami High School 1981)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Scott and welcome! If you are able to come to the meeting tonight at Chugs, please say hello.

I grew up in the palmetto public school system but graduated from Westminster  in 1980. We should be pretty close in age and maybe grew up diving with the same people.

Scott welcome...do yourself a favor and forget about this club...these people are scammers, no spearos here, these people don't even swim.  There is a video making the Internet rounds of one of them, swallowing some type white milk in one of their tournaments...these dude are fucking clowns...