Proper Etiquette when invited diving with others

SaltAirBimini

You have finished your level one freedive certification, you purchased a killer set of diving gear with the latest designer rashguard and fins and you are ready to get in the water and put it all to use. If you don't already own a boat, how are you going to get out to those destinations you have been dreaming about?  Start by posting a little something about who you are and what your experience is. Remember that boating is an expensive hobby and pitching in for expenses should be a given in exchange for an invitation out in the boat with an experienced diver. Offering to bring ice, food, beverages is also a good way to entice someone to invite you along for a trip.

There are definitely more people looking for someone to take them out on the boat than there are open spots on the boat so don't be discouraged if you don't get an invitation right away. Stay involved in the SFF club, attend the monthly meetings and build relationships with the other members. It wont be long until an opportunity to join a group of divers comes along. Remember, charters are always another option to gain experience and to get out on the water with a group of your own choosing.

hitchhicker2.jpg

What marinas are most people using these days? I think a lot of people who trailer are using Matheson or Blackpoint...?  If people want to start linking up with others in their general area, this might be a good place to start putting out feelers.  I'm in the Grove, so fairly central to anything in Miami Dade, and willing to drive within reason. 

On 1/26/2024 at 3:33 PM, BrownTown said:

What marinas are most people using these days? I think a lot of people who trailer are using Matheson or Blackpoint...?  If people want to start linking up with others in their general area, this might be a good place to start putting out feelers.  I'm in the Grove, so fairly central to anything in Miami Dade, and willing to drive within reason. 

Are you looking for dive buddies BrownTown? LMK I have open spots from time to time.

• 2 months later...